BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Benefits of joining your local Home Builders Association
When you join the HBA, you get a triple return on your investments! You are now a member of your state, local, and national association. Membership provides you with the power to have voice heard and strengthens the industry because there’s strength in numbers. There are many additional perks with being a member of the Home Builders Association of Tennessee. Here are a few member benefits not available to the public that your company can take advantage of.
Insurance Programs and Special Affinity Program Discounts
Significant discounts on travel, office products, builder liability and workers compensation insurance, vehicles, PCs and so much more! Many benefits to take advantage of by being a member.
- MidSouth Mutual Insurance Company – Workers’ Compensation for the Tennessee home builders and related trades. A Tennessee company serving HBAT members since 1995.
- 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty – 2-10 HBW is the largest and oldest new home warranty program in the United States.
- Builders Mutual Insurance Company – BMIC provides convenient and affordable workers’ compensation coverage to its members along with a complete line of property and casualty insurance products.
- Association Marketing Group – Searches for and creates health and other insurance packages tailored for any size group.
- The HBAT Member Rebate Program – Member Rebate Program puts money back into the pockets of all active builder and remodeler members. Earn money for products you are already using in your homes. Sign up and receive quarterly rebates. The HBAT Member Rebate Program is aimed at increasing your bottom line
- Snazzy Traveler – Priced at 10-75% below other travel websites, Snazzy Traveler is an exclusive member only travel website with rates on Hotels, Rental Cars, Luxury Cruises.
- National Purchasing Partners – Discounts & Savings to all HBAT members – Save money on Verizon Wireless, Sherwin Williams, Staples and many more.
- NAHB Member Discounts – As a benefit of being a member, you have access to discounts and savings opportunities offered by many top companies such as Lowes, up to $500 toward the purchase of a new GM vehicle, Dell and many more products.
Build relationships with fellow members, industry professionals, customers and supplies through monthly meetings and social gatherings. These events provide favorable conditions to develop friendships and professional relationships. Some of our members say that their business has grown simply by participating in their local and state Home Builders Association, where “Do Business with a Member” is highly encouraged.
Governmental and Legislative Representation
Your local HBA along with The Home Builders Association of Tennessee (HBAT) and the National Home Builders Association (NAHB) are the voice of the home building industry. NAHB is ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the top lobbying organizations in Washington. NAHB and HBAT have the strength in numbers to defeat excessive regulations and needless red tape and defend affordable housing initiatives.
We have the capability for our members to receive automatic and immediate legislative updates for better grass roots involvement in legislation targeting the home building industry. Your involvement through membership makes a huge difference in our voice being one that is heard!
Workshops and seminars are an ongoing benefit of membership. Everything from the latest information on home building products to current issues in the home building industry to tax and safety information are covered in meetings offered by the local, state or national associations.
If you build homes or sell supplies to builders, how can you not be a member of the Home Builders Association? As a member, affiliation enhances your business’ image and provides leadership opportunities and professional recognition perks associated with membership. A membership with the HBAT signifies credibility and of good standing to the buying public.
Advertisement is available in the local, state and national publications and on some websites. Sponsorships of special events, programs and meetings are also available to further promote your company’s image and products.
Strength in Numbers
We have over 2,500 Home Builders Association members in the state of Tennessee alone. If you combine that number with members from other state associations across the nation, you will see why the Home Builders Association can call itself the “voice of the home building industry.”
Free Publications/Special Access to the National Website
As a member, you will receive publications from all tiers of the association. Websites are another way to stay informed. Special access to the national association website is available for association members only.
Association members have access to various awards honoring outstanding achievement and service through the three tiers of membership at the local, state and national association level.
Access to Expert Advisors
NAHB’s staff are available to provide free advice on legal, regulatory, economic, and financial issues.